This is unbelievable that not only I have tried to learn Django so many times and yet failed, this is my second attempt to write a blog about learning it. Yes, its the same draft I made a week ago. Hope it goes to completion.
So I am following Django girls tutorial http://tutorial.djangogirls.org cause it looks short and simple. I tried the tutorial provided by official django site, well it didn’t work for me https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.9/intro/tutorial01/ . I will be trying it later. Presently I need to build something quickly.
So this tutorial teaches development using python 3 and django version 1.9.0 or higher.
I have OS Ubuntu 14.04. Quick points I learnt.
- Something new to learn :D. PyCharm- Integrated Development Environment for Python .
- New .command to use in terminal so I am inludeing this in the list.
- While creating python3 virtual environment, I would prefer using the following command
sudo apt-get install python3.4-venv
rather than using
sudo apt-get install python3-venv.
- Also , following commands for pip and django installtion.
sudo apt-get install python3-pip. sudo pip3 install django
- Dunder- “double underscore” 😀
- Views are logic, models give us information, view process them and give it to template.
- Useful for finding colour codes http://www.colorpicker.com/
- If you find problem in inserting data on your local computer through django shell, check the permissions of the database and try changing them using chmod.
I finally , 😀 completed the tutorial today. The project is live at http://mine0901.pythonanywhere.com/
Presently, if someone is not logged in as admin, then he/she may only read stuff on blog, so not all functionality are visible to you. I will try to keep working on it, while learning new things and improving it.
Till then, have a great time !!