Outreachy with Wikimedia: 7th to 20th July, 2017

Week 9/15 + 10/15

I fixed the TV by numbers translator and submitted a PR for it. Following it, I updated the BBC translator for handling old pages. With Zotero 5.0 release, I had to change the document accordingly as the Firefox add-on is no longer supported. I learned what CSS selectors are and will shortly begin to write a translator using them to get clarity on the topic. There are two methods, attr() and text() that have been recently written and will be included into future Zotero versions. So I am trying to figure out where to add them in the docs. Learned about querySelector and querySelectorAll and I am no front-end developer but it seemed such a powerful use of CSS selectors.

The work is fun the new changes in Zotero made me google and learn new stuff. For past two days, I have been going and reading the discussion at https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/1277 to make sense out of it.I will have to catch up some speed to finish this draft by the end of next week so it can then be reviewed again.

Outreachy with Wikimedia: 30th to 6th July, 2017

Week 8/15

With the mid term approaching, my mentor suggested that the first draft of the doc should be developed such that it can be used to write a translator and then  we can note down things that need improvement. I finished the work on coding a translator and the template. This brings section 5 in  a concrete shape. I look forward to finish the draft this week.

Other than that I am working on a translator TV by the numbers which needs rewriting.