Outreachy with Wikimedia: 7th to 20th July, 2017

Week 9/15 + 10/15

I fixed the TV by numbers translator and submitted a PR for it. Following it, I updated the BBC translator for handling old pages. With Zotero 5.0 release, I had to change the document accordingly as the Firefox add-on is no longer supported. I learned what CSS selectors are and will shortly begin to write a translator using them to get clarity on the topic. There are two methods, attr() and text() that have been recently written and will be included into future Zotero versions. So I am trying to figure out where to add them in the docs. Learned about querySelector and querySelectorAll and I am no front-end developer but it seemed such a powerful use of CSS selectors.

The work is fun the new changes in Zotero made me google and learn new stuff. For past two days, I have been going and reading the discussion at https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/1277 to make sense out of it.I will have to catch up some speed to finish this draft by the end of next week so it can then be reviewed again.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s