Yes, I agree, 18th May to 1st June, a huge time span. Well, I couldn’t make the last blog post so this will be summing up my work from then till today.
I have decided to write a translator for mediawiki.org and present that as the working example for the documentation. I went through the existing translator Wikipedia.js in order to understand how wiki sites need to be translated and what all data is included in the citation for these articles. Though MediaWiki pages won’t be similarly extracted, it provided a fair idea to me because I was confused about where to begin with translating these huge pages. For translation of search results, I went through Wikisource.js. Things are clearer now. Also, I looked into the user guide of VisualEditor (a quick read, as it is pretty easy to use anyway).The official internship period started on 30th May, 2017. Now I can say, I am an intern at Wikimedia, Woohoo!
For the first week, as planned, I have started working on the two sections of the documentation, brief about Citoid, Zotero and their relationship. I went through all the possible content available on Citoid and wrote a gist about it. Of course with a wiki page dedicated to it, it doesn’t make sense to elaborate it. I came across a research done on Citoid’s support and the TWL/Citoid page. Some issues reported there are resolved, some aren’t. It also made clear how important it is to widen the coverage of Zotero translators.
With at least 7 hours given to the project every day, I am looking forward to creating more translators alongside. I have been a little inactive since the last translator got merged. I have a few sites in line. Let’s see how this week ends.
Deadline: 5th June 2017
Summers 2017: This is what it looks like on heated afternoons.